How does the School Supplement program work?
Once enrolled you will receive a 4-week packet of worksheets and study material at your home via US Mail. Each worksheet will be marked with the from-date and to-date of the week it needs to be completed by. You do not have to mail the material back to School Supplement. Every other month (i.e. once every 2 months) beginning with the second month of the program you will receive a test which will be used to measure the progress of your child. It is optional to mail/fax/email the test back to School Supplement.
There is no contract for the program! Every time you make a payment you will receive a 4-week payment.
Why choose school supplement?
- Convenience: Your child can work from the comfort of your home. Save time and energy dropping off and picking up your kids to and from a learning center. The program requires effort of as little as 20 minutes a day.
- Very Economical: The program prices are provided on the pricing page.
- Good study habits: Students who study daily consistently outperform students who study only before a test. It also helps students to have a structure to their study.
- Keep in touch with your child’s school curriculum: The School Supplement curriculum is straightforward and easy to understand and relate to. No need to spend hours trying to understand your child’s school curriculum. School Supplement worksheets provide a weekly update on what your child needs to know. There is also a curriculum overview at the start of every unit.
- Does not require your child to be logged in to a computer: No need to login to your computer to access your child’s worksheets. The printed worksheets are sent to your home via US Mail.
Math Worksheets: School Supplement has pioneered an innovative approach to learning Math that develops your child’s Math skills in three dimensions concurrently every week in Arithmetic, Application and Analytical skills. Arithmetic/Quantitative skills include basic skills of addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, numeration, fractions etc. Application skills include skills such as find time difference, measurements, fraction/decimal manipulations single-step word problems, counting money/change etc. Analytical skills include higher level skills of reading bar/line/pie charts, multiple step word problems involving several types of Arithmetic/Quantitative skills, etc. Please visit the Curriculum and Samples pages for more information.
The Language Arts program covers all the areas of English language requirements at school including Reading, Writing, Comprehension, Grammar, Vocabulary, Phonics, Spelling, etc. Since the School Supplement program covers Writing also along with Reading skills your child will likely develop a love for not just Reading books but also writing. The vocabulary worksheets are grade appropriate and enhance comprehension skills.
Science Worksheets: Each Science study packet has 3 sections. Section 1: Reading Material: A high interest, easy readability article that introduces the objective with an engaging fiction or non-fiction passage. This study material is fun to read! Section 2: Quiz: “Test Your Knowledge” section with multiple question types. Section 3: Experiment/Activity: An experiment or activity relevant to each objective. These use a student-centered approach to learning by allowing the student to conduct a hands-on activity. Please visit the Curriculum and Samples pages for more information.
Why do we stamp the date on every Worksheet?
The School Supplement program is designed as a complete program that would fill the gaps in the formal school education. To achieve this goal the student needs to work on a regular basis and the date works as a guide to make sure that the student is on track to finish the program. The filled in date also provides a great motivator to complete the worksheet on the assigned date.